The school was established on 1st September 1887 with Miss Rose Madden the first principal teacher.

Over the years Moneystown N.S. has grown from a one-teacher school to a seven-teacher school. In 2006 the old building was completely refurbished and extended at a cost of €2.3 million. A further extension was built in June 2014.

The school now comprises of five new permanent classrooms, library, staff room, resource room, ancillary rooms and P.E. Hall.

Read the full history HERE compliments of our previous principal Mr. Frank McGillick who retired in December 2003.